Business incubation and acceleration in the Innovation Network provides many advantages to emerging businesses, among them:
- Convenient locations in close proximity to strategic business assets—federal agencies, metro stations, core industry partners, vibrant retail/residential town centers and major travel routes.
- Turnkey office space—one with wet labs, including work and lab benches, sinks and fume hoods.
- Shared conference rooms with state-of-the-art audio visual systems, plus pre-wired offices to accommodate both telephone and broadband internet services.
- Full menu of resource and support services, including business, legal, intellectual property, accounting and broad technical assistance to help entrepreneurs develop a successful business venture.
- No long-term lease obligations. Facilities offer flexible one year lease arrangements with 60-day notice terms available.
The Montgomery County Innovation Network conducts over 100 lunch seminars and training sessions for its client companies, as well as CEO round-tables and networking events all at no cost to the attendees. Training sessions and seminars in the past have included a wide spectrum of business topics, such as:
- Obtaining Governments Funds
- Good Documentation Practices
- Contract Negotiations
- Due Diligence
- Employment Law Basics
- How to Value a Private Company
- IP Issues in Structuring Deals
- The Quickest Path to Become a Federal Contractor
- Strategies for Saving Employer Dollars in the Retirement Employee Benefits Market